Monday, May 22, 2006

By Dina

"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted”
My family lived on a small country road, in the area of Rockcastle County called Gum Sulphur. I remember the days when my sisters and I took turns riding a bike. There were four of us that were big enough to ride. If you could peddle and keep it upright you were big enough. We would stand there in the hot sun, barefooted, with the sweat running down our body and our long stringy hair in our face; anxiously waiting for our turn. We would ride less than a forth of a mile, but to us it was a long ride. The funny thing about it was once you got on the bike; you rode it as fast as you could. Most of the time you would be peddling so fast, that my foot would slip off the pedal and you would stump your big toe. You would not even notice that you were hurt until you got back from your ride. Then, you could set down and see how bad you hurt it until it is your turn to ride again.
5/18/2006
Dina

No comments: